Fenceline Monitoring by EPA Method 325
Fenceline Monitoring Analysis to Support EPA Method 325
EPA Method 325
|Learn the ins and outs of Fenceline Monitoring Analysis by EPA Method 325.|
EPA Method 325 has been written into the most recent update to 40 CFR Parts 60 and 63, Petroleum Refinery Sector Risk and Technology Review and New Source Performance Standards. The rule requires continuous monitoring of benzene at refinery fenceline locations using passive sorbent tubes over 14-day intervals. A rolling annual average of the background adjusted benzene concentration is evaluated against the compliance standard of 9 µg/m3. EPA Method 325A details field protocols for the deployment of passive tube samplers, and EPA Method 325B describes the laboratory analysis of the sample tubes using thermal desorption GC/MS. Eurofins Air Toxics is leading the industry in passive and active sorbent technology, supporting a wide range of air monitoring programs and research projects.
While the rule is currently limited to the monitoring of benzene, Method 325 can also be extended to include other compounds of concern at ambient monitoring sites. Additional target VOCs include 1,3-Butadiene, Toluene, Ethyl Benzene, and Xylenes as well as other chemicals for which diffusive sampling rates have been determined. Reporting limits less than 1 µg/m3 can be easily achieved over a 7-day period. Extending the sampling period to 14 days translates to reporting limits less than 0.5 µg/m3.
Partnering with Eurofins Air Toxics brings you:
- Industry-leading expertise on passive sorbent methods including EPA Method 325
- Unmatched thermal desorption GC/MS capacity
- Competitive pricing and value-added services
- Convenient field sample kits for tube deployment and retrieval
- Reliable quality systems to generate data of the highest integrity
- Complementary analytical tools to assist with source identification
- Knowledgeable and responsive project managers
- Technical staff to provide on-site training
Contact our experienced team to find out how Eurofins Air Toxics can support your EPA Method 325 monitoring needs.