Vapor Intrusion Investigation
Eurofins Air Toxics continues to provide comprehensive analytical solutions for Vapor Intrusion Investigations. We've analyzed tens of thousands of soil gas, indoor and ambient air samples using TO-15 canisters as well as active and passive sorbent samplers.
What we offer
- Over 25 years of air testing expertise and proven performance as the air laboratory for vapor intrusion investigations across the country and around the world.
- NELAP and DoD accreditation as well as state certifications, where applicable
- Active involvement in evaluating and designing sampling and analytical protocols to meet the challenges of soil gas and indoor air testing for VI investigations. This includes:
o Evaluation of the impact of sample equipment on soil gas measurements which resulted in identification of the optimal tubing material
o Assessment of sorbent tubes for naphthalene and middle distillate fuel measurements in soil gas
o Evaluation of various leak check compounds and selection considerations
o Development of a helium shroud for leak checks during sample collection
o Evaluation of passive sorbent samplers for long-term indoor air sample collection including Radiello, SKC Ultra, OVM badges, ATD tubes and Waterloo Membrane Samplers (WMS).
o Application of the WMS-Low uptake sampler for soil gas measurements
- Continuous investment in canisters, flow controllers and instrumentation resulting in one of the largest single site media inventories in the country.
- Numerous instruments providing simultaneous full scan and SIM analysis to provide useful and defensible data, even in high-level samples
- Project managers who will walk you through project set-up and oversee project from media order placement to invoicing.
- Endicott, NY: Chlorinated solvent plume; Eurofins Air Toxics was the primary air/vapor laboratory for initial investigation and ongoing monitoring; over 7,500 samples analyzed for EPA TO-15.
- Hartford, IL: Large petroleum plume; Eurofins Air Toxics was the primary air/vapor laboratory for investigation and ongoing monitoring of soil gas, indoor and ambient air; over 13,000 samples analyzed by TO-15 and ASTM D-1946 over a 3-year period.
- Superfund MEW Site, Silicon Valley, CA: EPA ordered assessment for their 5-year review plan; sampled multiple buildings over 6 months; more than 3,000 samples for TO-15 and TO-15 SIM analysis, including TCE at 3 pptv RL; contracted with multiple consulting firms.
- EPA Indianapolis Research House: With the goal of evaluating temporal variability of VOC concentrations in indoor air at a residence with a vapor intrusion pathway, passive samplers were deployed on a weekly basis to gather baseline concentrations. Various types of passive sorbent samplers were deployed concurrently to evaluate a range of sampling intervals from daily to year-long periods. Eurofins Air Toxics provided both technical guidance and analytical support for the entire passive sorbent program. (www.epa.gov/esd/cmb/pdf/EPA600-R-09-073.pdf).