1900 Dr. Sommer, Marquette University Professor, opens a lab in downtown Milwaukee, WI at 152 W. Wisconsin Ave, and calls it Sommer Chemical Laboratory. Primary testing is on coal analysis and criminal toxicology work.
1942 Dr. Sommer dies, and Dr. Sampon, also a Marquette University Professor, assumes leadership. Analysis of fuels, and legal and police analysis continue.
1964 Dr. Sampon dies, and Bob Frey, a Universal Foods Chemist, buys lab and renames it Sommer-Frey Laboratories, and adds food and bacteriological analysis to the list of testing services.
1972 Bob Frey relocates lab to 6125 W. National Ave. in West Allis, WI.
1984 lab sold to businessman Edward Treick and his wife Barbara, and over the next 16 years formalize the business model and quadruple the size of the lab's sales through organic and acquisition growth. Lab now has mutliple services in three fields.
2002 lab sold to David Kliber, a businessman, who modernizes, expands, and grows the lab, relocating it in a state-of-the-art facility in New Berlin, WI. Food testing further expanded in microbiology and food chemistry disiplines, while continuing environmental and specialty investigative analysis services. Scope of clients now capable of serving North America, and operations are increasingly sophisticated and upgraded to meet market demands. New lab has capacity to more than double sales and testing volume.
2008 we moved into our new state-of-the-art building in New Berlin, WI. This was only our third location in our 112 year history. Each department was instrumental in the plan design for their department's space and needs. We are all very proud of our new state-of-the-art facility and invite you to visit us or call for a tour.
2013, March, SF Analytical Laboratories, Inc. received our ISO/IEC 17025:2005 Certification.