Stability and Shelf Life Testing
Shelf life testing is an important process used in today’s industry to verify client expiration dates and ‘best by’ claims. These product claims must be backed by reputable data in order to meet the requirements of government regulatory agencies. The protocols and summaries provided by Eurofins allow our clients the ability to deduce their shelf-life claims with the data required by these agencies.
Using state-of-the-art stability chambers our shelf life testing ensures that products are kept at specific temperatures and humidity levels throughout the duration of the study.
Important Components to Shelf-life Testing:
- Microbiology (Food Quality & Safety)
- Rancidity (Oxidationof fats & oils)
- Active Ingredients (Degradation of vitamins, nutraceutical compounds, and other unstable compounds, as well as loss or gain of moisture)
- Organoleptic (Monitoring of color, texture, aroma, packaging, and/or taste as the product ages)
- Packaged and Frozen Foods
- Pet Food
- Dietary Supplements
- Produce and Juice products
- Animal Feed
- Food Additives and Ingredients
- Dairy products
- Human Food
Eurofins offers six standard conditions for shelf life testing: Frozen (-15°C), Refrigerated (5°C), Ambient (25°C/60%RH), Intermediate (30°C/65%RH), Accelerated (40°C/75%RH), and Tropical (30°C/75%RH). Other conditions may also be accommodated upon request.
Please contact us to receive more information about shelf life testing from our sales and client service team.