Eurofins BioDiagnsotics provides the testing tools necessary to bolster production of high-quality hemp products and increase value for your customers.
- Industry-leading infrastructure & technologies to ensure our results exceed your quality standards
- Expert staff with decades of method development & analytical experience
- Capabilities to individually evaluate each product & ensure testing accuracy
Fast Turnaround Time
Our Hemp Testing Services:
- Cannabinoid Potency
- Residual Solvent Screening
- Microbial Contaminants
- Pesticide Residue Screen
- Heavy Metals
- Infrared Analysis
- Plant Sex
Eurofins BioDiagnostics quantitates potency content for 16 essential cannabinoids using High Performance Liquid Chromatography. Cannabinoids are chemical compounds produced by cannabis plants and are the subject of many research studies aimed at identifying their therapeutic and pharmacological benefits.
Cannabinoids analysis includes: ∆9-THC, ∆8-THC, THCA-A, THCV, THCVA, CBD, CBDA, CBDV, CBDVA, CBG, CBGA, CBL, CBN, CBNA, CBC, & CBCA
Methods for cannabinoid potency:
Residual Solvent Screening
Hemp oil, the key ingredient to many hemp products, is derived through a solvent extraction method. Hemp extractors commonly use solvents including ethanol, isopropyl, butane, and/or propane that have G.R.A.S status (generally regarded as safe). It is important to screen for residual solvents to ensure consumers understand present constituents in their product.
20 solvents: Acetone, Butane, Ethanol, Propane, etc.
Methods for Residual Solvents Screening: GC-MS
Eurofins BioDiagnostics experts help customers resolve regulatory compliance, FDA detention, and persistent contamination issues. We validate process and environmental controls, and help develop food safety management programs (HACCP, GMP, SSOP, FSMA, and EMP).
Our state-of-the-art laboratories utilize the latest microbiology testing technologies that provide the robustness and sensitivity needed to rapidly quantify and detect pathogenic, spoilage, and probiotic microorganisms.
With substantial experience across all product categories, we deploy multiple advanced molecular methods for routine microbiology testing, including product screening and in-depth strain identification.
• Aerobic Plate Count
• Yeast & Mold
• Shiga toxin E. Coli
• Aspergillus species A. fumigatus, A. flavus, A. niger, and A. terreus
Methods for Microbial Contaminants:
• Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) techniques to increase detection sensitivity and identify pathogens, toxins, yeasts, and molds
Pesticide Residue Screen
Eurofins BioDiagnsotics has the most comprehensive pesticide scope available with over 800 chemical standard compounds in our inventory. We regularly participate in all major global Proficiency Testing programs for pesticide residues for the most common agricultural commodities in commerce.
We offer a series of large multi-residue screens to provide a more cost-effective option for clients in states with Hemp Research Pilot Programs. Panels include:
• Oregon State Pesticide Panel
• California State Pesticide Panel
• USDA NOP: over 300 different compounds
Methods of Pesticide Residue:
Eurofins is the world-leader in trace metal analysis with a comprehensive portfolio of methods dedicated to the detection of trace metals. Our technical expertise and market knowledge in various industries allow our clients to verify compliance with the latest regulations in each country and market, both for raw materials and finished goods.
Our laboratories employ the latest analytical technologies to provide the robustness and sensitivity needed for low-level detection of trace metals, both for identification and quantification purposes.
Primary Trace Metal Elements Detected:
• Heavy Metals Package: Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury
Methods of Heavy Metals Analysis
• ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry)
Certain molds commonly found on agricultural products have the capacity to form chemical substances called mycotoxins that are harmful when eaten by humans or animals. Mycotoxins are associated with crops that experienced stress in the form of environmental conditions during the growth cycle or poor storage conditions.
Mycotoxins can remain in food & feed long after the fungus that produced them has died; therefore, toxins can be present even when there are no visible signs of mold or fungus. A proactive monitoring program for agricultural commodities should always include testing for mycotoxins to ensure the safety of a product.
Methods of Mycotoxin Analysis:
• Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA)
• High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) - Fluorescence detection for analyzing aflatoxins B1 B2 G1 G2, aflatoxin M1, and ochratoxin A are the most commonly used on a variety of foods. The methods are based on AOAC and other industry-approved methods.
• Ultra High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MSMS) - The most sensitive and selective methods available for the other mycotoxins such as the fumonisins, Vomitoxin, T-2/HT-2, Nivalenol, and Patulin. The methods include rugged extraction, cleanup, and analysis by LC-MSMS.
Eurofins labs performing mycotoxin testing are accredited under ISO 17025.
We specialize in creating customized IR solutions through the development and maintenance of on-site, cloud-based NIR/IR systems. QTA® systems utilize a variety of manufactured technologies in combination with our own infrared expertise to provide the most appropriate solution and ensure optimal performance. Whether your spot checking a crop for “hot-spots” or verifying potency of an extract product, NIR/IR systems can provide you a secondary analysis within minutes.
Results in minutes not days, ideal for:
• In-field “hot-spot” testing
• Extract oils and isolates potency verification
• Terpene screening for crop prioritization
Testing for genetic marker of plant sex will save you time and maximize yield. Eurofins BioDiagnostics uses DNA-based gender determination to provide cultivators early identification of male and female plants.
You no longer need to wait six weeks for growth to visual determine sex; now you can safely send your samples within days of generation and we’ll ID the cannabinoid-rich females which your harvest depends.