Probiotic and Microbial Product Testing
Probiotic and microbial product analysis requires a strong understanding of the organisms and the modified preparations required to accurately analyze. While there are multiple approaches to quality analysis in any product, the methods utilized by the pharma, food, environment and supplement industries are often not designed for probiotic or microbial products.
Eurofins has the necessary expertise and capabilities to evaluate each product individually to ensure we are preparing the samples for accurate identification, enumeration, or contamination. Our collection of techniques and methods includes genetic identification for species verification, high-count microbial enumerations, selective probiotic enumerations, microbiome analysis, and contaminant testing for microbial or fungal organisms, allergens, GMO and more. We support testing on both pure strain preparations and multi-strain mixtures.
Below is a list of some of our analytical services, but our portfolio is growing each day. Contact us to learn about Eurofins’ latest probiotic capabilities and share your needs.
- Probiotic ID - Affymetrix Array - Species level identification for single strains AND BLENDS!
- QPCR analysis for microbial strains - Custom quantitative PCR design available for your strain
- Microbiome analysis - 16S targeted DNA sequencing for taxonomic ID and proportional quantities from mixtures
- Metagenome analysis
- Probiotic enumerations for bacteria or fungi:
- ISO 7889 – Yogurt enumeration and characterization of microorganisms
- ISO 27205 – Fermented milk cultures – Starter cultures
- Micro-encapsulated organism counts (yeast, lactobacillus, probiotics)
- Bacillus spore-count enumeration
- Lactic Acid Bacteria and Lactobacillus counts
- Enumeration of germinating Bacillus spp.
- Enumeration of viable yeast count
- Total Viable Count - Including for Lactospore®
- Saccharomyces enumeration
- Enumeration of Lactobacillus acidophilus
- ISO 29981 – Milk Products – Enumeration of presumptive bifidobacteria
- Probiotic and stability evaluation of probiotic encapsulation of lipidic matrix
Finished Product Stability Studies and Label Verification
Industries we support:
- Dietary supplements
- Direct-fed microbials
- Probiotic and microbial strain manufacturers
- Functional foods
- Fermented foods
- Feed mills
- Animal production
- Pet food
- Plant and soil health
- Waste remediation
- Water treatment facilities
Eurofins is your expert in probiotic and microbial product analysis.