Student Shadowing at Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
As an initiative to encourage education and career choices in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields, Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories runs a program in which middle/high school and college students are able to shadow an employee for a day. This allows the student to learn about possible career paths for science degrees.
- Middle and high school students are allotted 3 hours per day.
- College students are allotted 6 hours per day and lunch.
- Shadowing is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- A maximum of 25 student shadows will be scheduled per month. All students past that amount may be scheduled for the following month.
- Shadowing days must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance in order for us to find volunteers.
We have many opportunities for students to learn about careers and gain valuable experience! We have both Pharmaceutical and Environmental departments. Descriptions are listed below:
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a global leader in bio/pharmaceutical laboratory services. Performing testing on all starting materials, process intermediates, drug substances and finished products through our broad technical expertise in Biochemistry, Molecular & Cell Biology, Virology, Chemistry and Microbiology, our service offerings support all phases of the drug development process for both pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical drug products.
- Project Management
- Mycoplasma Testing
- Extractables & Leachables Testing
- Pharmaceutical Product Testing
- Raw Materials
- Stability Services
- Viral Clearance
- Viral Safety
- Molecular & Cell Biology
- Cell Banking
- Quality Assurance
- Information Technology (IT)
- Software Development
The largest single-site environmental laboratory in the U.S., Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Environmental supports the analytical testing needs of the largest industrial companies, consultants and government agencies. Examples of testing include:
- Environmental Microbiology
- Pesticide Residue Analysis
- Water Quality
- Volatiles in Air
- Organic Extraction
- GC/MS Volatiles/Semivolatiles