Shipping Distribution Studies
From primary seal testing through pallet-level transit testing, our state-of-the-art Package Testing Facility provides complete capabilities for evaluating every aspect of your package and labeling configurations to ensure your product will survive the rigors of being transported around the world.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories’ state-of-the-art Package Testing Facility is equipped to perform functional testing, material testing, and shelf-life testing of primary and secondary packaging, as well as shipping configurations. Our scientists and engineers will help you evaluate every aspect of your packaging from sterile seal integrity through distribution and transit testing, and durability of your labels. We also provide a wide range of physical property testing to characterize and assess alternate packaging materials.
Why Choose Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories?
- We can validate your shipping configurations to withstand the rigors of global transit.
- With our state-of-the-art instrumentation, we can help assess your packaging design and materials selections.
- Our package testing laboratory will test your product’s primary sterile barrier to ensure its integrity.
- We offer a complete portfolio of label testing services to ensure your product meets the latest serialization regulations.
- Our expansive chamber space allows us to execute all of your accelerated and real-time shelf-life testing.
We can simulate particular field conditions that a container, package, or packaging component may encounter during its life or testing cycle, including:
- Refrigerated Storage
- Extreme Cold
- Standard Atmospheric Conditions
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories can perform all of the validation testing needed to meet international product submission requirements and ensure that your packaging is robust enough to survive the rigors of transit, whether you are shipping individual units or full pallet-level deliveries, including:
- Loose Load & Vehicle Vibration
- Manual Handling & Drop
- Focused Drop Impact
- Vertical Stacking & Crush
- Low Pressure/Altitude
Container Closure Integrity
Perhaps the most critical aspect of packaging is the barrier seal that maintains the sterility of the product. Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories can assess the sterile seal integrity of many packaging configurations. We have the most appropriate technology and capabilities for your specific application, including:
- Microbial Immersion Testing - Best used with filled vials and syringes
- Dye Ingress Testing - Best used with rigid containers
- Vacuum Decay - Best used with syringes and vials
- High Voltage Leak Detection - Best used with liquid-filled parenteral drug product glass vials and syringes
- Helium Leak and Oxygen Headspace Analysis - Best used with parenteral containers
- Burst and Bubble Testing - Best used with flexible packaging, such as bags and pouches
With more than 5,300 m3 (187,000 ft3) of environmental chamber space, we have the capacity to execute all of your accelerated and real-time shelf aging studies. Our chambers are continuously monitored with validated electronic tracking systems integrated into our LIMS system. Our online portal, LabAccess.com, also allows you to track the progress of your studies via our shelf-life calendar and provides you with 24/7 visibility to your data.
Whether you are developing a new packaging design, evaluating a new material or sterilization technique or qualifying a new supplier, we can perform characterization and performance evaluation studies to meet the range of USP, ASTM and ISO standards, as well as custom methodologies, for materials testing, including:
- Tensile or Flexural Strength
- Moisture or Gas Transmission
- Tear & Puncture Resistance
- Seal Strength and Burst Testing
- Chemical Identification & Purity
- Peel Testing
Unreadable barcodes or misread text can result not only in complaints and product returns, but can also compromise patient safety. Our team can help you ensure your products meet the latest serialization and traceability labeling requirements and that your barcodes remain readable through the entire distribution chain with our comprehensive portfolio of label testing services, including:
- Barcode Verification
- Sutherland Rub
- Ink Adhesion Using Tape