Safe Quality Food
As a GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) benchmarked scheme, Safe Quality Food (SQF) incorporates both international and domestic regulations into its food safety certification program. Eurofins is an industry leader within the SQF community, actively serving on the Certification Body Committee, the Training Center Committee, and served on the TAC (Technical Advisory Committee). Our SQF experts are readily at hand to answer any questions.
By achieving SQF Certification, your company will benefit from the following:
- Satisfy the HACCP requirement of your retailer and foodservice customers
- Enhanced food safety and management systems
- Increased consumers’ confidence in your products
- Boosts your brand and corporate image
- Expanded presence in the market to new and perspective clients
This program offers codes specific to your product and an additional Quality Certification for those looking to take their standards to a higher level.By segregating the different products and industries into categories, SQF is able to be specialized in each division and provide tailored audits for each market.
The SQF program is adaptable to your facilities readiness as it offers a variety of certifications with codes for each.
- SQF Food Safety Fundamentals Code
- SQF Food Safety Code for Primary Production
- SQF Food Safety Code for Retail
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing
- SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacture of Food Packaging
- SQF Food Safety Code for Storage and Distribution
- SQF Food Quality Code
The Fundamentals Code is not GFSI benchmarked, but may be a good option for those in process of initial implementation of SQF in their facility.
The SQF code breaks down the requirements based on product and industry into 35 Food Sector Categories (FSC). Depending on the FSC, different modules will apply. All FSC include module 2 that has the three different level requirements. Modules 3-16 will apply based on the different FSC and industry segment.
Where can the requirements be found?
All SQF documentation is available free of charge on the SQF website. There you will find the code, and additional useful material such as the Guidance Document and Rules.