Eurofins has the necessary expertise and capabilities to individually evaluate each product and ensure we are preparing the samples for accurate identification, enumeration, or contamination. While there are multiple approaches to quality analysis in any product, the methods utilized by the pharma, food, environment and supplement industries are often not designed for probiotic or microbial products. Our specialized techniques and methods are specifically catered to support your probiotic or microbial product testing needs. We offer testing on both pure strain preparations and multi-strain mixtures.
Eurofins performs probiotic species identification for single strains and blends. Strain-level ID or microbiome options exist for clinical and discovery applications.
- Species & subspecies level identification for multi-species products using Affymetrix Gene-Probe Array
- Custom PCR Assays – development or method adoption (RTPCR, QPCR, etc.)
- Microbiome Analysis (165 short & long-read)
- 16S rRNA Species Identification
- Strain-Level Identification
- Fungal Identification
- Multilocus Sequence Typing (MLST)
- Multiple-Locus Variable number tandem repeat Analysis (MLVA)
We offer quantification for label verification or shelf stability through standard and customer-specific strain methodology.
- Micro-encapsulated organism counts (yeast & lactobacillus)
- Total viable cell count
- ISO methods (7889, 27205, 29981)
- USP-FCC Methods
- Yeast enumeration
- Spore enumeration
- Customer & strain-specific methods
- Sabinsa Lactospore® method
- GanedenBC30® method
We have the ability to analyze prebiotic products and our method portfolio is continuously expanding.
- Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS)
- Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS)
- Resistant starch
Product Contamination Testing
Our comprehensive portfolio of microbial and chemical testing analysis fully supports GMP from your microbial start cultures through your finished products.
- Pathogen detection including salmonella & listeria
- Non-lactic acid bacteria
- GMO detection
- Heavy metals
- Pesticide residues
- USP microbiology
Stability & Shelf Life Testing
Using stability chambers and analysis, Eurofins can verify the shelf life claim and viability of your finished product.
- Temperature and humidity controlled chambers
- Probiotic enumerations & viable cell counts (CFU)
- Label verification for species identification in finished product
- Nutritional labelling verification
- Water activity & pH
- Microbiome analyses
Clinical Trial Support
Our laboratories can support your CRO with genomic analyses or strain identification and test your product for stability along the way.
- Microbiome or metagenome analysis (fecal, skin, saliva)
- Strain identification
Industries We Serve:
- Dietary supplements
- Direct-fed microbials
- Probiotic & microbial strain manufacturers
- Functional foods
- Fermented foods
- Feed mills
- Animal production
- Pet food
- Plant & soil health
- Waste remediation
- Water treatment facilities