Probiotic Species Identification for single strains and BLENDS. Strain level ID or Microbiome options for clinical and discovery application
- Affymetrix Gene-probe Array – Species and subspecies level identification for multi-species products.
Quantification & Enumeration
Quantification for label verification or shelf-stability through standard and customer specific strain methodology
- Micro-encapsulated organism counts (yeast, lactobacillus)
- Total viable cell count
- ISO methods (7889, 27205, 29981)
- USP-FCC Methods
- Yeast enumeration
- Spore enumeration
- Customer and strain specific methods
- Sabinsa Lactospore ® method
Analysis of prebiotic products with method portfolio growing
- Frutco-oligosaccharides (FOS)
- Galacto-oligosaccarides (GOS)
- Resistant starch
Eurofins has a full portfolio of microbial and chemical testing analysis to support GMP of your microbial start cultures through your finished products.
- Pathogen detection (Salmonella, Listeria)
- Non-lactic acid bacteria
- GMO detection
- Heavy metals
- Pesticide residues
- USP Microbiology
Stability & Shelf Life
Stability chambers with temperature and humidity control and all the analysis to verify your shelf-life claim and viability of finished product.
- Temperature and humidity controlled chambers
- Probiotic enumerations and viable cell counts (CFU)
- Label verification for species identification in finished product
- Nutritional labelling verification
- Water activity and pH
- Microbiome analyses
Probiotic and microbial product analysis requires a strong understanding of the organisms and the modified preparations required to accurately analyze. While there are multiple approaches to quality analysis in any product, the methods utilized by the pharma, food, environment and supplement industries are often not designed for probiotic or microbial products.
Eurofins has the necessary expertise and capabilities to evaluate each product individually to ensure we are preparing the samples for accurate identification, enumeration, or contamination. Our collection of techniques and methods includes genetic identification for species verification, high-count microbial enumerations, selective probiotic enumerations, microbiome analysis, and contaminant testing for microbial or fungal organisms, allergens, GMO and more. We support testing on both pure strain preparations and multi-strain mixtures.
Industries we support:
- Dietary supplements
- Direct-fed microbials
- Probiotic and microbial strain manufacturers
- Functional foods
- Fermented foods
- Feed mills
- Animal production
- Pet food
- Plant and soil health
- Waste remediation
- Water treatment facilities
Eurofins is your expert in probiotic and microbial product analysis.
Let's start the conversation