Analytical Considerations for Quantification of Polyphenols in Virgin Olive Oil
With a more wellness-conscious consumer market, virgin olive oil has an opportunity to attract customers with its health-boosting properties tied to polyphenols. In our webinar, John Reuther of Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratories discuses pros and cons of testing methods for polyphenol determination and introduces a new quantitative method. Then, Mary Mori of California Olive Ranch discusses California agriculture regulations regarding discharge of waste streams and effect in field.
Covered in our webinar:
- What is driving need for accurate targeted analysis of important polyphenols
- Current popular methods, targeted and non-targeted
- Polyphenol classes and their importance in human health
- Method limitations and challenges
- Recent work on polyphenol targeted method by LC-MSMS
President, Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratories
Director of Technical Services, California Olive Ranch
This webinar was originally recorded on September 5, 2019.