As a GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) recognized scheme, BRC Global Food Standards incorporates both international and domestic regulations into its food safety certification program. The BRC certification standard contains requirements for food processors to build an effective food safety management system. There are editions of the standard for food packaging manufacturers, storage and distribution, and agents and brokers.
BRC performs performance reviews of its certification bodies every 6 months. Strict rules are laid down which detail the responsibilities of the certification body and auditors.
During these performance reviews, five key areas are reviewed:
- Quality of written audit reports
- Compliance to protocols
- Auditor registration and compliance training, experience and competence requirements
- Timeliness of audit data uploaded to the BRC Directory
- Communication with the BRC compliance team
By achieving BRC Certification, your company will benefit from:
- Satisfying the HACCP requirement of your retailer and food service customers
- Ensure compliance to legal obligations
- Enhanced food safety and management systems
- Increased consumer confidence in your products
- Boost your brand and corporate image
- Expanded presence in the market to new and prospective clients
Where are the requirements found?
All BRC documentation is available online; you will find the code, and additional useful material such as the Guidance Document and Rules here.
Click here to learn more about the BRC Certification Process!