The FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System is a systematic program to managing your organization's food safety responsibilities. FSSC 22000 is fully recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and is based on existing ISO Standards.
FSSC 22000 uses ISO 22000 for the management system requirements and ISO Technical Standards or Publicly Available Specifications (PAS) for prerequisite program requirements. This standard integrates nicely with other management systems such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
By achieving FSSC 22000 Certification, your company will benefit from:
- Satisfying the HACCP requirement of your retailer and food service customers
- Enhanced food safety and management systems
- Increased consumer confidence in your products
- Boost your brand and corporate image
- Expanded presence in the market to new and prospective clients
FSSC Certification and Scope
FSSC 22000 Certification features a 3 year cycle. This cycle consists of annual surveillance audits and a recertification audit every 3 years. The initial audit is performed in two stages. Surveillance and recertification audits all take a process based approach, instead of a checklist based audit.
This audit scope is suitable for manufacturers of the following:
- Perishable animal products (i.e. meat, poultry, eggs, dairy and fish products)
- Perishable vegetal products (i.e. fresh fruits and fresh juices, preserved fruits, fresh vegetables, preserved vegetables)
- Products with long shelf life at ambient temperature (i.e. canned products, biscuits, snacks, oil, drinking water, beverages, pasta, flour, sugar, salt)
- (Bio)chemical products for food manufacturing (i.e. vitamins additives and bio-cultures) but excluding technical and technological aids
Where are the requirements found?
All FSSC 22000 Scheme documents are available for download here.
Click here to learn more about the FSSC 22000 Certification Process!
Please contact us to receive more information about FSSC 22000 Certification.